Dental hygienists are specially trained to work as part of the dental team and they play a vital role with preventive dental health and showing patients the best way to keep their teeth free of plaque. They also give advice on diet and how to prevent dental decay.
If you are already suffering from bleeding gums and periodontal disease, you will need a course of treatments from our hygienist in cooperation with your regular dentist. Our implant surgeon may also recommend that you see the dental hygienist for a thorough clean before beginning your implant treatment.
Dental hygienists are an integral part of the dental team, and in fact, can save you a great deal of money by helping you keep your teeth healthy and prevent gum disease.
At HSDC our hygienist can provide the following services:
- Preventive advice – day-to-day care of your gums and teeth
- Dental care and tooth brushing sessions for your children
- Teeth cleaning and polishing
- Application of fluoride
- Administration of anaesthetic, if necessary
- Applying fissure seal on children’s teeth
- Advice on giving up smoking
- Stain removal with AIR-FLOW professional cleaning system – eg tea, coffee or red wine stains.